COMPASSIONATE CONSERVATISM MEANS “NO ONE LEFT BEHIND”
PRIORITY ONE: As compassionate conservatives, we should boldly declare a war on poverty, substance abuse, insufficient mental health care and unacceptable unemployment rates (7%). Some of Ade’s ideas are:
- Institute an unemployment rate trigger (3% – 5%) for economic immigration and to aggressively cut taxes for the poor.
- A national strategy is needed to better prepare inmates for successful reintegration as productive citizens.
- In addition, a Conservative Government should be committed to accountable partnerships with Aboriginal and First Nations communities to reduce the high school drop out rate to less than 10% in comparison to the current rate. According to the 2012 Assembly of First Nations report 61% of First Nation young adults (20-24) have not completed high school, compared with 13% of non-Aboriginal people in Canada.
- Implement poverty prevention programs for veterans.
PRIORITY TWO: The Conservative Government recently signed a free trade agreement with the European Union, negotiated the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement and in addition to NAFTA provides other countries with rights and privileges that provinces do not have among themselves. The former Conservative Minister of Industry pegged the cost of the lack of a Canadian inter-provincial free trade agreement at about $50 billion annually. For example, instead of importing oil, we should invest in a technologically advanced environmentally sustainable Canadian oil transportation system. A Canadian Free Trade Agreement means cost savings for every Canadian. Read more: Who Agrees With Ade’s Hydro Interprovincial Free Trade Agreement Policy?
PRIORITY THREE: Reduction of environmental foot print by implementing value for money and new technology solutions. For example, over a period of 26 years Ontario is spending $170 billion on purchasing renewable energy at up to 10 times the market rate. Manitoba, Quebec and Newfoundland and Labrador have clean hydro in abundance. An agreement such as the TILMA free trade agreement signed by the Western provinces, would reduce costs for Eastern Canadians. Just as NAFTA guarantees states in the USA market rate hydro from any Canadian province, the same guarantee should also be available between provinces. Compassionate Conservatism means that in Canada, affordable hydro should be a human right. An electrical energy free trade protocol in the Federal AIT (Agreement On Internal Trade) is achievable. Read more: Removing Inter-provincial Energy Trade Barriers Creates Jobs. Watch: Ade’s Speech at the Hydro Rally
- Canadian Judicial Council Chair, Supreme Court Chief Justice Beverley Maclachlin Retires Amid Police Investigation – Read more: Part One and Part Two.
- Open Letter to Ottawa City Council requesting the personal position of each Councillor on the “Positive obligation to create a policy that Police cannot refuse to give a reason for Police arrest”. Read more.
- Open Letter to all Members of Parliament: Request for a quote in support of changing Judges Act Criminal complaints procedure Read more.
- Open Letter to all Members of Ontario Provincial Parliament: Personal position on the positive obligation to amend Police Act 138 to ensure police cannot refuse to give a reason for an arrest. Read more.
- Open Letter to all Senators: Request for quote in support of striking a committee to investigate whether to recommend changing Judges Act Criminal Complaints procedure. Read more.
- Open Letter to Office of Auditor General of Canada: Request That OAG Stop Facilitating Crimes That Include Arrest By Racists And Racism Sympathizer Public Sector Employees. Read more.
- Open Letter to Law Society of Upper Canada and Ontario MPPs: Request that LSUC stop facilitating crimes that include arrest by racists and racism sympathizer public sector employees. Read more.
- Open Letter to OPP and Ontario MPPs: Request that OPP Stop Facilitating Racial Profiling by Ontario Government, Court Of Justice, Superior Court and Court Of Appeal. Read more.
- Open Letter To Supreme Court Registrar and Auditor General of Canada: Stop cuddling Conservative “party brass” racists / Canadian Judicial Council racism sympathizers. Read more.
- Open Letter To Supreme Court Registrar and Auditor General of Canada: Request To Stop Cuddling Racism Sympathizer Canadian Judicial Council Members (Supreme Court of Canada, Ontario Superior Court, Quebec Superior Court, New Brunswick Court of Queen’s Bench, Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, British Columbia Supreme Court). Read more.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Contact Ade Olumide at RPO 93, 2808 Dunrobin Road, Kanata, ON, K0A 3MO.
- To invite Ade to speaking engagements in your city; reach us at 613-832-2051 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your feedback on the consultation issues
- Stay connected via Twitter